The Microbiome Core is located in the Center for Health Sciences Building, A3-115. It performs 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing of human and animal samples including feces, tissues, and intestinal lavage material.
The results are presented as a count table of operational taxonomic units matched to the Greengenes database. The Microbiome Core also offers additional services to facilitate sample collection and multi’omics analysis (shotgun metagenomics, proteomics, metabolomics).
- DNA extraction with bead beating
- DNA concentration measurement
- Sequencing of the V4 region of the 16S ribosomal RNA gene (medium depth – i.e. MiSeq – or high depth – i.e. HiSeq)
- Shotgun metagenomic sequencing
- Home fecal sampling kits
- Aliquoting of frozen feces
- Processing of fecal and lavage samples for proteomics
- Processing of fecal and lavage samples for metabolomics